If you want to play...
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions and leave the answers as comments on my LJ.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
My interview, courtesy of starrai:
1. There's no zealot like a convert. How did you go from Mac-hater to Mac-maker?
My friend Ed handed me his Powerbook and said play. 5 hours later, it still hadn't crashed, and I was hooked.
2. I don't actually know your fanboy background. What are your fave comics, characters, creators, etc.?
My earliest comics memories began with Star Wars comics, so early on it was Carmine Infantino, Archie Goodwin and later on Walter and Louise Simonson, as well as reprints of British Doctor Who comics by Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons, etc. From there it was on to X-Men, and for a while I was an X fanatic (this was around Uncanny #200.) I took a liking to Bill Sienkiewicz with New Mutants, which led to Stray Toasters and all kinds of underground stuff.
I discovered a lot of writers as I got older- Warren Ellis through his work on Excalibur and Hellstorm, Garth Ennis through Hellblazer... Eventually I moved onto a greater range of books. Still, my favorite writers are Ellis, Ennis, Bendis and Winnick, and my favorite artists are Frank Miller, David Mack, Alex Maleev, Bill Sienkiewicz and Darrick Robertson.
3. How's your timeline for moving out in September going?
Not too bad, I'm starting to price apartments and look at areas. I still need a TV and an Xbox though. And I'm being good; no more synths, no more computers. So altogether, I'm doing ok.
4. So you've got your commie LJ icon and all, but I really don't know what your political affiliations and policies are. Do ya vote? Why or why not? For whom? That type of thing.
At heart, I consider myself a socialist. Private enterprise should be restricted to small to medium businesses and craftsmen, and no single person should have such a vast fortune as to allow them to strogarm the government (I'm looking at Bill Gates here.) Particularly, industries such as energy, transit and such should be held in public trust by the government for the good of the entire nation. I believe in human rights, high taxes for those with high incomes, personal freedoms, lax copyright laws, free healthcare and free speech.
5. Dream job?
Now, anyone who knows me would think I'd say porn star, but that's not it. When you purchase a new synthesizer, it comes with a few hundred different sound settings to get you started. I want to be the guy who designs those sounds.